Set aside a day to invest in a bit of self-care in the midst of the hectic schedules of everyday life. GROUNDED: SLO is a day away to enjoy gorgeous farm-to-table cuisine while being educated and empowered by a DIY approach to life and health. Hosted by Zest it Up and Ferrigno FIT, GROUNDED is part workshop and part retreat for any of you looking to unwind and learn a few tips on mindful, healthy living.
The day has been designed to incorporate the beautiful surroundings of See Canyon Fruit Ranch in Avila, CA where the very nature of it’s seclusion creates a true unplugged environment. Home of a dry-farmed apple orchard and surrounding gardens established since 1894, this location is richly green and peaceful with only the sounds of the birds in the trees. The perfect mini-escape from the frantic modern lifestyle of deadlines, social media and emails.
Those looking to be GROUNDED this April, will get to:
- Discover how to RESET your life and create lasting change through food, physical fitness, community, and education.
- Be refreshed by a yoga class set amongst the trees led by one of four sensational yoga instructors joining us for the day.
- Get your swag on! Every GROUNDED guest gets to snatch up a grab bag full of goodies at a value of $100. Yep, there will even be a journal and pen to start taking action towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn valuable insights into nutrition and how to feed your body while strengthening your immune system.
- Enjoy vibrant and delicious farm-to-table cuisine for both brunch and lunner that highlight the seasonal eats from the Central Coast. Get ready to “eat your colors!”
- Take time to be “grounded” with a nature walk that highlights native flora and fauna while taking in the sights, sounds, and fresh air.
- Have fun empowering your DIY crafting side with a hands-on nature inspired project. Whether you identify as a creative or not, getting your hands dirty and focusing on one creative task will literally purge stress from your body!
- Discover the benefits of dry farming and just why “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” The best part? It will be apple blossoms GALORE!
- One of nature’s best medicines is raw honey. Enjoy a talk with a local beekeeper and learn the secrets of beekeeping and and take away knowledge of how this magical sweet treat feeds your body both nutritionally and medicinally.
- Enjoy a Q&A sesh with Lifestyle FITamentalist, Shanna Ferrigno of Ferrigno Fit. Get a chance to be inspired to make change.
- Hear from a nutritionist and herbalist about how to make a marked difference in your overall health.
- Receive a fun Central Coast wine tasting map and free wine tasting at local wineries when you purchase your ticket. Make this a full weekend experience!
Can one day impact your life and have lasting effect? Absolutely! Let GROUNDED be the pebble creating a ripple that impacts your life!